- F. F. Norkhairi, S. Thiruchelvam and H. Hasini (2018) Review of methods for estimating the loss of life from floods due to dam failure, International Journal of Engineering & Technology 7 (4.35) (2018) 93-97 see: Research Gate website.
- D. Lumbroso and M. Davison (2016) Use of an agent based model and Monte Carlo analysis to estimate the effectiveness of emergency management interventions to reduce loss of life during extreme floods, Journal of Flood Risk Management.
- W. Johnstone (2012) Life safety modelling framework and performance measures to assess community protection systems: Application to tsunami emergency preparedness and dam safety management, Doctor of Philosophy, University of British Columbia, Canada, October 2012
- D.M. Lumbroso, D. Sakamoto, W.M Johnstone, A.F. Tagg and B.J. Lence (2011) The development of a Life Safety Model to estimate the risk posed to people by dam failures and floods published in Dams and Reservoirs the official journal of the British Dam Society in June 2011
- W.M. Johnstone and B.J. Lence (2009) Assessing the value of mitigation strategies in reducing the impacts of rapid-onset, catastrophic floods, Journal of Flood Risk Management 2 (2009) 209–221
Conference papers and presentations
- S. Frongia, G. M. Sechi and M. Davison2 (2016) Tangible and intangible flood damage evaluation, FLOODrisk 2016 - 3rd European Conference on Flood Risk Management see: https://www.e3s-conferences.org/articles/e3sconf/pdf/2016/02/e3sconf_flood2016_05007.pdf
- A. Tagg, M. Davison and M. Wetton (2016) Use of agent-based modelling in emergency management under a range of flood hazards FLOODrisk 2016 - 3rd European Conference on Flood Risk Management see: https://www.e3s-conferences.org/articles/e3sconf/pdf/2016/02/e3sconf_flood2016_19006.pdf
- S. Frongia and G. M. Sechi (2017) Flood damages reduction with evacuation plans: Life Safety Model implementation on an Italian basin, 22nd International Congress on Modelling and Simulation, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia, 3 to 8 December 2017 see: https://www.mssanz.org.au/modsim2017/K1/frongia.pdf
- D.B. Powers (2016) Use of agent-based modelling to validate Hurricane Evacuation Planning, ASFPM Annual Conference - Grand Rapids, Michigan, June 2016.
- A. Tagg (2016) The use of modelling tools to improve emergency management plans for floods, CIWEM Central Southern Branch Annual Seminar, Reading, UK, 25 May 2016.
- D. Lumbroso, J. Simm, M. Davison, K. White and S. Durden (2015) Use of agent-based modelling to validate hurricane evacuation planning, Coastal structures and solutions to coastal disasters joint conference (COPRI), Boston, USA, 9 to 11 September 2015
- W. Johnstone and M. Garrett(2014) Return to Malpasset: Using the Life Safety Model to Assess the Effectiveness of Community Evacuation Plans, ASDSO Annual Conference, 21-24 September 2014, San Diego, USA.
- S. Molino, M. Davison,A. Tagg and P. Cinque (2014) Are There Better Ways to Quantify Flood Risk to Life?, Australian and New Zealand Disaster and Emergency Management Conference, Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast (QLD), 5-7 May 2014
- M. Davison, D.Lumbroso and A. Tagg (2013) The use of a Monte-Carlo analysis to assess the uncertainty in the estimates of loss of life from flooding using an agent based model, 22nd SRA-E Conference, Trondheim, Norway, 17-19 June 2013.
- A. Tagg, M. Davison, D. Lumbroso and S. Molino (2013) Experiences and advances in the use of the Life Safety Model to assist flood evacuation planning presented at the Australian and New Zealand Disaster and Emergency Management Conference, 28 to 23 May 2013, Brisbane, Australia
- D. Lumbroso and A Tagg (2011) Evacuation and loss of life modelling to enhance emergency response presented at the International Symposium on Urban Flood Risk Management 21 to 23 September 2011, Graz, Austria
- D. Lumbroso (2011) L'évolution récente de la modélisation des évacuations et de la prise en compte des victimes potentielles pour améliorer la gestion des inondations presentation given in French at the colloquium on Villes, Risques Majeurs et Evacuations 18 to 19 October 2011 held at Technology University of Compiègne, France
- D. Lumbroso (2011) L'évolution récente de la modélisation de l'évacuation, des morts et des blessures pour améliorer la gestion des crues au Royaume-Uni presentation in French given in January 2011 at the Institut Français des Sciences et Technologies des Transports, de l'Aménagement et des Réseaux (IFSTTAR), Nantes, France
- D. Lumbroso (2011) Modélisation de l'évacuation, des décès et des blessés lors des inondations de 1953 à Canvey Island dans l'estuaire de la Tamise at the seventh Colloque Géorisque, Montpellier, France, 2011 in French
- D. Lumbroso, W. Johnstone, K. De Bruijn, M. Di Mauro, B. Lence and A. Tagg (2010) Modelling mass evacuations to improve the emergency planning for floods in the UK, the Netherlands and North America presented at the International Conference on Emergency Preparedness (InterCEPt), the Challenges of Mass Evacuation, 21 to 23, September 2010, University of Birmingham, UK
- D. Harford (2010) Presentation on risk and water infrastructure presented at the Water infrastructure seminar hosted by the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences (IVA) on the 27 January 2010 (2010)
- A. Tagg, M. Morris, D.M. Lumbroso and M. Di Mauro (2009) Improved Emergency Planning and Evacuation through the use of a Loss-of-Life Model, ASDSO Annual Conference, September 27 - October 1 2009, Hollywood, Florida, USA.
- M. Di Mauro and D. Lumbroso (2008) Hydrodynamic and loss of life modelling for the 1953 Canvey Island flood, in the proceedings of the International Conference on FloodRisk, 30 September to 2 October 2008, Oxford, UK
- D. Lumbroso and M. Di Mauro (2008) Recent developments in loss of life and evacuation modelling for flood event management in the UK presentation presented at the International Conference on Flood Recovery, Innovation and Response (FRIAR), 2 to 3 July 2008
- D. Lumbroso, M. Di Mauro and D. Ramsbottom (2008) Recent development in loss of life for flood defence and dam break risk assessments presented at the 43rd Defra conference, 1 to 3 July 2008
- W.M. Johnstone, D. Sakamoto, H. Assaf and S. Bourban (2005) Architecture, modelling framework and validation of BC Hydro's virtual reality Life Safety Model presented at the ISSH Stochastic Hydraulics 2005 conference, 23 and 24 May 2005, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
- H. Assaf, and D. Harford (2001) Physically-based modelling of life safety considerations in water resource decision-making in Bridging the gap: Meeting the world's water and environmental resources challenges in proceedings of World Water and Environmental Resources Congress 2001
Updated September 2019